Bethany, W. Va - The Bethany College men's basketball returned home for a President's Athletic Conference (PAC) matchup to face the Washington and Jefferson. The Bison fell to the Presidents, 68-60. Freshman Allayasa Bray led the Bison with a career high 19 points. The green and white are now 4-20 (3-12) while the Presidents are now 10-14 (8-7).
1st – Aiden Albert put the Bison on the board first with a layup. The game went neck and neck with the game being knotted five times before the Presidents took the lead. An Albert layup put the Bison up one, 25-24, but the Presidents struck back. Bethany trailed at halftime, 40-31.
2nd- The Bison trailed by as many as 15 before going on a 17-2 run. An Allayasa Bray layup knotted the game at 50-50 with under nine minutes to go in the second half. The Bison took the lead with a Derek White Jr. layup. The green and white and the Presidents see-sawed back and forth. The Presidents took a 59-57 lead with three minutes to go. The Bison battled to catch the Presidents, but fell short, 68-60.
IN THE BOX SCORE
• Allayasa Bray notched a career high 19 points shooting 7-10 from the field and 5-6 from the charity stripe
• Derek White Jr. added 10 points, six boards, and three assists
• Khalil Wilson and Malik Ellis each contributed nine points. Wilson pulled in seven rebounds while Ellis had a team high three steals
• Aiden Albert added eight points
• The Bison shot 13-19 from the charity stripe, compared to the Presidents 20-27
• Dylan Furlong blocked three shots
Head Coach Nick Hager:
"It was a tough one to lose tonight. The guys faught hard and really battled. We'll come back tomorrow and get ready for Waynesburg on Saturday. #OneBethany"
Bethany returns action on Saturday, Feb. 16 against Waynesburg inside Hummel Field House. Tip-off is slated for 3:00 pm.