Andrew Woodley, Sports Information Director
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 10) - The Bethany College men's lacrosse team was defeated 21-2 at league-favorite Transylvania in the Ohio River Lacrosse Conference (ORLC) opener for both teams Saturday afternoon.
- Final: Transylvania 21, Bethany 2 (Box Score)
- Records: Bethany 1-2, 0-1 ORLC | Transylvania 2-2, 1-0
- Location: Pat Deacon Stadium | Lexington, Kentucky
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Transylvania, the preseason-favorite in the ORLC coaches poll last month, opened up a 6-0 lead by the end of the first quarter and added a seventh goal seven seconds into the second period.
- Bethany got on the board with the first of two goals from junior Will Gatling (Baltimore, Md./Northwestern) with 13:28 left in the first half.
- The Pioneers would go on to score 11-straight goals into the second half, before Gatling's second goal of the day ended the run at the 1:52-mark of the third quarter.
- The Bison managed to limit Transylvania to only three tallies in the fourth quarter, but were unable to cut into he deficit any further in the loss.
- Bethany senior Sean Rhodes (Indiana, Pa./Indiana) made 14 saves on 33 shots on goal and was saddled with the loss.
- The Bison were out-shot 54-to-17 in the match.
- Bethany was charged with a season-low two penalties for two minutes.
- The Bison will travel to Virginia to take on NCAA Division I Hampton on Wednesday, March 14 at 2 p.m.
- Fans can follow live statistical updates of the game here.