Andrew Woodley, Sports Information Director
BETHANY, W.Va. (Sept. 8) - A two-goal effort from both junior Lexie Metz (Frostburg, Md./Mountain Ridge) and freshman Riley Meyers (Dubois, Pa./Dubois Central Catholic) propelled the Bison to a 4-0 win over Wilson Sunday afternoon at the Fuzzy Williams Memorial Classic.
- Final: Bethany 4, Wilson 0 (Box Score)
- Records: Bethany 1-4, Wilson 0-3
- Location: Hoag Field | Bethany, West Virginia
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilson employed a strategy in which their backline did not drop back in-order to draw the Bison constantly offsides.
- Metz broke the score open in the 15th-minute with her first goal of the afternoon to give Bethany a 1-0 lead.
- The Bison added to its lead after the halftime break with a goal by Meyers in the 53rd-minute and Metz's second goal of the match in the 56th-minute.
- Meyers added the fourth marker in the 81st-minute to seal the first win of the season for the Bison.
- Freshman goalkeeper Maria Concha Vazquez (Queretaro, Mexico/Thomas Jefferson) ended her first-collegiate win and shutout win in the contest. She made three saves in the victory.
- The shot-count was significantly tilted in Bethany's favor. The Bison out-shot Wilson 37-to-4 in the match. The final score could have been significantly more lopsided if not for multiple shots which rang off of the post and crossbar for the Bison.
- The Bison will play its next game under the lights of Bison Stadium, when they host Hiram for a non-conferene tilt on Friday, September 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- A live video feed is being planned for the match from Bison Stadium versus Hiram. The feed, as well as live statistical updates, will be available here.