Bethany, W. Va - The Bethany College baseball team took on the Waynesburg Yellowjackets Friday afternoon in a nine inning PAC game at Bethany Park.
Game One Overview
Bethany fell to Waynesburg 14-6 (10 innings)
The nine inning game began with the Yellowjackets striking first, but the Bison had an answer in the bottom half of the inning. Neil Woods grounded out to third, scoring Ethan Young. It would be a back and forth affair between Bethany and Waynesburg in the first couple of innings. Waynesburg took the lead again in the top of the second from a solo homerun. In the bottom of the second, Kyle Goodwin grounded out to second but scored Tyler Frazee. The ballgame was tied 2-2.
The third inning started the same with the Yellowjackets taking over the lead again. However, Bethany had an answer once again. Neil Woods hit a two-run shot to left field, scoring Noah Rady. The Bison led 4-3. In the sixth inning the Yellowjackets scored again to knot the ballgame at 4-4. The green and white added two runs in the bottom of the seventh to regain the lead. Ethan Young singled, driving in Kyle Goodwin and Tyler Alworth. Bethany led 6-4 at the end of seven. Unfortunately, the Bison wouldn't be able to hold off the Yellowjackets. The Bison would lose a heartbreaker in 10 innings.
Game One Leaders
- Isaac Wengert (5.1 IP, 5 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 HR)
- Michael Whiteherse (0.1 IP, 1 K)
- Tyler Alworth (2.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K)
- Neil Woods (L, 1-1) (1.1 IP, 3 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 1 BB)
- Derek Donatelli (0.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB)
- Ethan Young (2-4, 1 R, 2 RBI)
- Noah Rady (1-4, 1 R, 1 BB)
- Neil Woods (1-5, 1 R, 3 RBI)
- Tyler Frazee (1-4, 1 R, 1 BB)
- Tyler Alworth (2-4, 1 R)
- Kyle Goodwin (0-3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB)
Bethany – 13-5, (3-2 PAC)
Waynesburg – 10-10 (4-2 PAC)
The Bethany College Bison returns to action tomorrow morning at Waynesburg for a PAC double-header. First pitch is set for 11:00 am.