Bethany, W. Va - The Bethany College baseball team took on the Geneva Golden Tornadoes in a PAC doubleheader. The Bison and Golden Tornadoes split. Bethany won game one, 16-1 and fell 14-8 in game two.
Game One Overview
Bethany rolled past Geneva, 16-1
The Bison struck first and never looked back. Neil Woods tripled to left center driving in Noah Rady. Kevin Roach doubled to left field scoring Woods. In the second inning, the green and white scored from a Josh Lonero stolen base and moments later, Brandon Wagner scored off a wild pitch. Noah Rady drove in Ethan Young. Neil Woods hit a 2-run homerun to give the Bison a 7-0 lead. The Golden Tornadoes scored in the top of the third but the Bison were in control of the ballgame.
In the fourth inning the Bison added another run from Ryan Anselmino's single that drove in Tyler Alworth. The bottom of the fifth inning was an eventful inning, the Bison added six runs, four coming from a Tyler Alworth grand slam. Freshmen Kevin Pollock collected his first collegiate hit in the bottom of the sixth. Pollock hit a 2-run homerun to leftfield.
Game One Leaders
- Tyler Frazee (W, 2-0)(7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K)
- Noah Rady (2-3, 3 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB)
- Kevin Pollock (1-1, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 HR)
- Neil Woods (3-5, 3 R, 4 RBI)
- Kevin Roach (2-3, 1 R, 2 RBI)
- Tyler Alworth (1-4, 2 R, 4 RBI)
- Ryan Anselmino (1-4, 1 RBI)
Game Two Overview
Bethany falls 14-8 to Geneva
Bethany struck first in game two when Tyler Frazee scored off an error from the left fielder. Geneva answered in the top of the third, taking a 3-1 lead. The Golden Tornadoes scored again in the fourth to take a 4-1 lead. Sophomore Seth Gordon hit a deep shot over the centerfield fence for a 2-run homerun. Bethany trailed 4-3 until the seventh inning when the Golden Tornadoes scored six runs to go ahead 10-3. Bethany battled to plate a run in the seventh inning. Josh Lonero doubled to center field scoring Kyle Goodwin. The green and white tacked on four runs in the eighth inning, unfortunately for the Bison the Golden Tornadoes added three runs in the ninth inning to maintain the lead.
Game Two Leaders
- Tim Reinhard (L, 2-1)(3.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K)
- Matt Colton (2.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB)
- Nick Gross (0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 0 ER)
- Jake Horning (1.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 HR)
- Michael Whiteherse (1.0 IP, 1 H)
- Brandon Wagner (1-3, 1 R, 2 BB)
- Noah Rady (0-4, 1 R, 1 BB)
- Neil Woods (1-3, 1 RBI, 2 BB)
- Tyler Frazee (1-4, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB)
- Kyle Goodwin (2-4, 1 R, 2 RBI)
- Seth Gordon (1-3, 1 R, 2 RBI)
- Josh Lonero (1-2, 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB)
Bethany – 17-9, (7-6 PAC)
Geneva – 6-14, (1-9 PAC)
The Bethany will travel across the border to face Washington and Jefferson in a PAC doubleheader on Saturday.