Bethany College Football opened up PAC Conference play in Grove City, Pa on Saturday evening at Robert E. Thorn Field. The Bison fell to the Wolverines, 26-15.
With 4:40 to go in the first quarter, the Bison got on the scoreboard from a Hunter Klein 32 yard touchdown pass from Dom Salinertro. Minutes later, Grove City got on the scoreboard from a 27 yard field goal. Bethany led 6-3 at the end of the first quarter.
Bethany saw the lead shift to Grove City in the second quarter after the Wolverines scored two touchdowns to go ahead 17-6 before halftime.
It was all Bethany in the third quarter. The Bison scored at the 9:42 mark on an Abe Lyles 7 yard touchdown pass from Salinertro. The green and white failed to convert the two point conversion. Minutes later the Bison capitalized on a Wolverine turnover with a 28 yard field goal off the foot of Sean Cole. The Bison trailed going into the final quarter, 17-15.
The fourth quarter didn't go how the Bison planned. Grove City would pull away after a safety and a Wesley Schools 53 yard run. Bethany's attempt to comeback fell short.
Offensive Game Leaders
- Dom Salinetro (4-5, 60 yds, 2 TDs)
- Carlin Bason (13-24, 155 yds, 1 INT, 61 rushing yds)
- Raekwon Wright (68 rushing yds, 1 rec, 5 yds)
- Hunter Klein (8 rec, 121 yds, 1 TD)
- Abe Lyles (4 rec, 53 yds, 1 TD)
- Gregory Avent (62 rushing yds)
Defensive Game Leaders
- Anthony Fiasco (14 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss of one yard)
- Mike Berry (9 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss of five yards)
- Kiandre Murphy (8 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 broken up pass)
- Daniel Gibson (8 tackles, 1 forced fumble)
- Tre'Jour Owens (3 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss of four yards)
- Quaron Eggleston (1 fumble recovery)
- Mohamed Elola (1 fumble recovery)
Bethany College travels to Waynesburg, Pa for a PAC matchup against the Yellowjackets on Saturday, September 21. Kickoff is set for 1 pm.