Washington, Pa – The Bethany College football team traveled across the border to take on the Washington & Jefferson Presidents for a PAC contest Saturday afternoon. The Bison were defeated 69-21.
Bethany opened the game with a Dom Salinetro 69 yard pass to Gregory Avent to give the Bison a 7-0 lead just seventeen seconds into the game. Minutes later, Washington & Jefferson knotted the game at 7-7.
The Bison didn't waste any time to regain the lead back from the Presidents. Senior Raekwon Wright took it to the house returning the kickoff, 86 yards. The green and white led 14-7 until the 8:20 mark of the first quarter. The Presidents scored again but had the extra point blocked by Chas Blango to help the Bison keep the lead.
The green and white saw their lead disappear with under five minutes to go in the first quarter after the Presidents scored another touchdown and successfully converted for 2 points. W&J added to their lead with 2:45 to go in the first.
Bethany cut the lead to seven after a Carlin Bason four yard run. After the first quarter, the Bison trailed 28-21.
It was all the Presidents after the first quarter. The red and black added 21 points in the second quarter to put the lead out of the reach of the Bison. Bethany were held scoreless in the final three quarters of the contest.
Offensive Game Leaders
- Dom Salinetro (5-9, 111 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT)
- Carlin Bason (6-20, 59 passing yds, 32 rushing yds, 1 TD, 1 INT)
- Greg Avent (100 yds, 1 TD)
- Raekwon Wright (130 Kickoff Return yds, 1 TD)
Defensive Game Leaders
- Qujuan McGlothin (9 tackles, 1 INT)
- Donte Cooper (5 tackles, 1-TFL-6 yds)
- Bryce Rohrbaugh (0.5 sacks – 5 yds)
- Chas Blango (2 Blks, 4 tackles)
- Dadrick Vickers (1 INT – 16 yds)
- Mohamed Elola (0.5 sacks – 5 yds)
Bethany College football returns to the Bison Stadium turf on Saturday, October 12 when they host the Geneva Golden Tornadoes in a PAC contest. Kick off set for 4 pm.