Bethany, W.Va. - The Bethany College men's basketball team was defeated by Baldwin Wallace in a non-conference matchup Sunday afternoon inside Hummel Field House. Freshman Dylan Furlong led the Bison with a career high 13 points and pulled in seven rebounds. The Bison fall to 1-11 (0-3), and the Yellowjackets are now 7-4.
1st- The Bison led the game with a layup from Furlong and jumpers from Trey Shifflett and Aiden Albert, making the lead 7-3. The four point lead would be the largest lead the Bison would hold in the half. The green and white took an 11-8 lead from a Malik Ellis trey. Moments later the Bison and Yellowjackets exchanged buckets and battled to take a lead. The Bison 18-17 and would lost the lead for good with 8:49 to go in the half. Baldwin Wallace took 14 point lead going on a 13-0 run going into halftime.
2nd- Bethany attempted to comeback but Baldwin Wallace's shooting was too much for the Bison to handle. The Yellowjackets shot 50% from the field and 43.8% from behind the arc. The Bison were 33.3% from the field and 22.2% from behind the arc. The green and white came within 11 with 15:16 to go in the half but couldn't get over the double digit mark.
IN THE BOX SCORE
• Dylan Furlong led with 13 points and pulled in seven rebounds
• Aiden Albert and Malik Ellis contributed seven points each
• Allayasa Bray added eight points
• The Bison shot 15-21 from the charity stripe
• The green and white were out rebounded 49-37. Derek White Jr. grabbed a team high eight rebounds
• Bethany had six steals compared to Baldwin Wallace's three
Bethany returns to the court Thursday Jan. 3 for a conference matchup vs Chatham. Tipoff is set for 7:30 pm.