Bethany, W.Va. - The Bethany College men's basketball team was edged by Chatham 70-57, Thursday evening inside Hummel Field House. The Bison were led by junior Trey Shifflett with 12 points and senior Malik Ellis with 11 points. The green and white fall to 1-11, 0-4 while the Cougars are now 9-4, 3-2.
1st- Bethany and Chatham traded buckets from behind the arc to start the game. The Bison trailed by as many as five, knotting the game three times before taking the lead with 7:43 to go in the half from a Dylan Furlong trey, 23-21. Seconds later, Carter Adams knocked down a three to put the Bison up five. The green and white went up by seven from a Trey Shifflett layup. Bethany led at halftime, 33-32.
2nd- The Bison started the second half with buckets from Shifflett, and Malik Ellis, putting the green and white ahead, 38-32. The Cougars came back with a layup and a three of their own, leveling the game at 38-38. The Cougars led for the rest of the game, leading by as many as 15. The Bison cut the lead to single digits, but the Cougars hit back to back pairs from the foul line. The Bison were outscored 38-24 in the second half.
IN THE BOX SCORE
• Trey Shifflett led the Bison with 12 points and a team high four assists
• Malik Ellis added 11 points shooting 3-5 from behind the arc
• The Bison were out rebounded 44-27. Khalil Wilson pulled in a team high 10 rebounds
• Aiden Albert contributed seven points
• Freshman Dylan Furlong, Carter Adams, and Khalil Wilson each added six
Bethany travels to Latrobe, Pa Saturday Jan. 5 to take on St. Vincent in a PAC contest at 6pm.