New Concord, Ohio - The Bethany College men's lacrosse team traveled to New Concord, Ohio to face Muskingum in a non-conference tilt Wednesday evening. The Bison fell to the Muskies 16-5. The green and white are now 1-1.
Bethany trailed 3-0 before Will Gatling put the Bison on the board with 4:52 to go in the first period. The Muskies added another goal before the end of the period. Bethany trailed 4-1 after one.
Tristan Shaffer put the Bison within two goals in the second period. The Muskies were too much for the Bison to handle, taking an 8-2 lead going into halftime.
The Bison kept battling adding a goal with 7:15 to go in the third period from Clay Yingling, cutting the lead 11-3.
The green and white added two more goals in the fourth period. Gatling riffled in his second goal of the game with 6:33 to go in the ballgame. Nick Melita added the Bison's final goal with 2:41 left in the period.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Gatling led the Bison with two goals
• Andrew Smith made 20 saves on 33 shots
• The defense was led by Nick Holmes and Chris Riley's two caused turnovers apiece
• The green and white took 18 shots with 12 on goal while Muskingum took 63 shots with 40 on goal
• Bethany won 15 of 23 face offs
• The Bison went 19-22 on clear attempts
Bethany travels to Pittsburgh, Pa to take on non-conference opponent La Roche on Saturday, March 2. Face-off is at 1 pm.