Pittsburgh, Pa - The Bethany College men's lacrosse took on Chatham in a PAC contest Wednesday evening at Ellis Field. The Bison fell to the Cougars 21-5.
The Cougars jumped out to a quick 6-0 lead before the Bison could get on the board. Chandler Dunn scored with 5:14 to go in the first period. In the second period, Nick Melita hit the back of the net with 2:55 to go in the first half. The Bison trailed the Cougars 13-2 at halftime. In the third period, Tristan Shaffer and Chandler Dunn both scored for the green and white. The green and white added another goal in the fourth from a Clay Yingling goal. Bethany fell 21-5 to Chatham.
- Chandler Dunn (2 G)
- Tristan Shaffer (1 G, 4 GB, 1 CT)
- Clay Yingling (1 G, 2 GB)
- Christian Robertson (5 GB, 2 CT)
- Nick Melita (1 G, 1 A, 7 GB, 1 CT)
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bethany tailed 23 saves, Andrew Smith (16) and Antonio Caputo (7)
- The green and white went 10-28 on face offs
- The Bison took 21 shots compared to Chatham's 77 shots
- Bethany went 11-18 on clear attempts
- The Bison scooped up 33 groundballs while Chatham had 71 groundballs
Bethany – 4-4 (1-1 PAC)
Chatham – 7-3 (2-0 PAC)
Bethany will host Grove City on Saturday for a PAC contest. Faceoff is set for 1 pm.