Sep 05, 2018
BETHANY, W.Va. (Sept. 5) - The Bethany College men's soccer team was defeated 3-1 by Ferrum in a non-conference match Wednesday afternoon at Hoag Field.
- Final: Ferrum 3, Bethany 1 (Box Score)
- Records: Bethany 0-2-1, Ferrum 3-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Panthers made a statement early with two goals in the first eight minutes of the match to take the early lead.
- Bethany's best scoring opportunity of the first half came in the 20th-minute of the match. Sophomore Mikel Ubeda (Sopelana, Spain/Azkorri) attempted a shot from inside the box that was deflected away at the last moment by a Ferrum defender to keep the Bison off of the scoreboard.
- Ferrum added a third goal in the 53rd minute of the match, but were denied the clean sheet by Bethany.
- A foul in the box in the 85th-minute allowed Bethany senior Kai Whitney (Melbourne Beach, Fla./Eau Gallie) a penalty kick, which he placed perfectly into the left corner to make the score 3-1.
- Junior goalkeeper Michael Ceraolo (Weirton, W.Va./Weir) made six saves in the match.
- Ferrum held an 18-to-4 advantage in shots for the game.
- The Panthers were tagged with 12 fouls and four yellow cards, compared to the seven fouls and one yellow charged to Bethany.
- Bethany returns home to Hoag Field for the opening match of the Fuzzy Williams Classic on Saturday, September 8 when they take on Muskingum at 12 p.m.
- Live stats will be available for all matches of the Classic here.