BETHANY, W.Va. (Sept. 1) - The Bethany College women's soccer team gave Head Coach Afrim Latifi his first-collegiate head coaching win with a 10-0 victory over Penn State-Beaver Saturday afternoon in a non-conference match at Hoag Field.
- Final: Bethany 10, Penn State-Beaver 0 (Box Score)
- Records: Bethany 1-1, Penn State-Beaver 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bison took a 3-0 lead into the halftime break thanks to a goal in the ninth-minute by sophomore Celeste Marchbanks (Leavenworth, Kan./Leavenworth) and a pair of strikes by senior Lexie Metz (Frostburg, Md./Mountain Ridge).
- Bethany dominated possession in the second half and scored four goals in a 12-minute span to push its lead to 7-0 in the 64th-minute.
- The Bison would tally three more goals before the final horn, but a tremendous diving stop by senior goalkeeper Hunter Webster (Newark, Del./Newark) in the final minute of the game kept the clean sheet intact.
- Bethany out-shot Beaver 30-to-4, including 11-unanswered in the first half.
- Webster earned her first-career win in net and made three saves to earn the shutout.
- Five different Bison earned their first-career goal in the win, including junior Rebecca Lee (Huntington, W.Va./St. Joseph) who notched two goals.
- Several different players for Bethany scored goals in the game.
- Bethany will travel to nearby Franciscan for a non-conference game on Wednesday, September 5 at 4 p.m.
- A live video stream will be available here.